The BC12C (12" x 9.5") Hot Wire Bow Cutter can be your go-to tool for cutting large foam shapes. It is ideal for a variety of uses, from shaping & theming creative sculptures to slab cutting EIFS on construction sites. The BC12C is lightweight and allows you plenty of free form movement, especially when working on any larger sized foam blocks.
Benefits and features:
- Built in power supply
- Freeform hot wire foam cutting
- Adjustable hot wire heat control
- Industrial-quality aluminum construction
- Uses standard NW100 cutting hot wire
- Comfortable, positive hand grips
- Available in three sizes: 12" 24’ 48"
Note: Heated Wire expands when hot. If the spring is too tight the hot wire may break restricting operation of mechanism. If too loose, the foam cut will be sloppy. Readjustment of tension may be necessary from time to time.
Do no use anything longer than a 50 foot 12/3 grounded extension cord with this hot wire. Set the temperature dial to zero (0). Adjust the dial until the wire glows orange. Immediately back off until the heated wire just begins to turn from orange to gray. This is the optimum foam cutting temperature of the wire. Anything hotter will cause premature hot wire failure or anything cooler will require too much feed pressure on the wire causing premature failure. If the heated wire is too hot, the cut may not be as accurate as you would like. A wire that is too hot will melt the foam too quickly at the beginning of the cut and less quickly as the wire cools off resulting in an inaccurate cut.
• Use only the recommended wire. (NW100)
• Do not use this equipment in wet or damp conditions.
• Use only grounded receptacle
Successfully added for to the shopping cart.