Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are a high-performance building system for residential and light commercial construction, consisting of an insulating foam core sandwiched between two structural facings, typically oriented strand board (OSB). SIPs can be fabricated to fit nearly any building design, with a result that is extremely strong, energy-efficient, and cost-effective.
When a crew is forced to alter these panels in the field they have found that working with our SIP Groover is fast & efficient, as its heated scoop removes foam easily and quickly - much better than any blade tools–which are clumsy and leave foam waste and beading on the construction site. By using our electric SIP groove hot knife tool, a worker may neatly remove the foam so there will be room for a block spline.
If you’re building with SIPs, the SIP Groover will save you time, money, and labor!
Benefits and features:
- Heavy, commercial-grade hot knife foam cutter for SIP or ICF Panels
- Removes the foam from SIP panel edges to create room for joints, cables, pipes, etc.
- Comes in six sizes to fit common SIP panel configurations
- Designed to cut expanded or extruded polystyrene
- Adjustable depth guide cuts up to 5" deep
- Custom size foam grooves available upon request
- Available in seven standard widths
- Adjustable handle
- Long, heavy-duty cord
- 110-volt power
Successfully added for to the shopping cart.